Group insurance for public-sector workers, university of applied sciences staff and university staff
elipsLife is a young, modern international insurer, specialising in the insurance of risks of death and occupational disability. We do everything we can to help our customers as much as possible. We are part of the Swiss Re group, which means that your insurance is placed with a financially solid company.
The Surviving Dependants Act shortfall insurance (Anw shortfall insurance) for public-sector workers, university of applied sciences staff and university staff is an elipsLife insurance scheme. For administration and customer contact elipsLife works with Voogd&Voogd. Voogd&Voogd specialises in administering insurance policies for insurers. It sees to the administration and acts as contact for questions about the insurance.
Together with employees' and employers' organisations, the government has concluded a pension agreement containing new pension arrangements. The envisaged effective date of the new pension legislation is 1 January 2023. You can arrange the Anw shortfall insurance yourself, without involving your employer. The new pension legislation is not expected to affect this insurance.
Group ANW shortfall insurance for public-sector workers, university of applied sciences staff and university staff
Approximately 500 employers have concluded an agreement with elipsLife for group Anw shortfall insurance for public-sector workers, university of applied sciences staff and university staff. Almost 10,000 public-sector workers, university of applied sciences staff and university staff now take part in this insurance scheme.
Why take out Anw shortfall insurance?
The government wants surviving relatives to be assured of a basic income. That is why they can claim a benefit under the Surviving Dependants Act (Anw). This is subject to conditions.
Your partner receives an Anw benefit if:
- your partner has not yet reached the state pension age; and
- your partner is taking care of their own child, foster child or stepchild, who is under the age of 18; or
- your partner is at least 45% incapacitated for work.
The amount of the Anw benefit depends on your partner's income. If your partner has an income from work or in connection with work, such as a disability or unemployment benefit, that income is deducted in full or in part from the Anw benefit.
Therefore, an Anw benefit is uncertain and the amount of any benefit may be low because of other income. Anw shortfall insurance may offer the solution. This insurance stipulates few conditions for a benefit, and the amount of the benefit is guaranteed.
When can you participate in the group
ANW shortfall insurance for public-sector workers, university of applied sciences staff and university staff?
You can participate in this insurance if:
- you have a partner;
- you are a public-sector worker at a government institution or a university of applied sciences staff member or a university staff member;
- your employer has concluded an agreement with elipsLife for a group Anw shortfall insurance.
If you meet all these conditions, you can use the elipsLife group Anw shortfall insurance for public-sector workers, university of applied sciences staff and university staff!
Advantages of the group Anw shortfall insurance
• agreed level of benefits: financial security for your partner after your death
• no medical questions to be answered if you apply within one month after:
- You have entered employment; or
- Your partner meets the partner definition (what this definition entails is explained in section 3 of the brochure); or
- Your employer has concluded an agreement with elipsLife.
• attractive contribution (for your contribution, see the rates schedule in the brochure)
• easy to cancel each month
Properties of the group Anw shortfall insurance
• you can choose from the following insured amounts at the outset:
€5,400, €8,100 or €10,800 net per year
• you choose the increase in the benefit (0% or 2%)
• you pay the contribution for this insurance yourself
• a non-contributory policy in the event of incapacity for work is also insured (see the brochure for the conditions)
• The contribution is not deductible for income tax purposes
Would you like more information?
Are you interested in the insurance, and would you like to know more about it? The following information is available to you:
- animated video. In this animated video we explain the financial implications of a person's death and the Anw shortfall insurance.*
- brochure. You can read all about the elipsLife Anw shortfall insurance from elipsLife in our brochure.
- The General Terms and Conditions of the insurance. These terms and conditions contain important information about the insurance. Only in Dutch.
- Presentation: In this presentation all the inns and outs of the insurance are visible.
- Webinar: Click here to watch the recorded webinar (after registration).
*VSP is mentioned in the video: VSP is part of Voogd&Voogd
*the video mentions a maximum age limit for the benefit. This age limit of 68 will expire May 1st 2021 which is an improvement of the insurance cover
Do you have any questions?
E-mail your question to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a response within 1 working day.
Are you convinced of the importance of Anw gap insurance for financial security for your survivors? Here's how to sign up:
- Go to the website of Voogd&Voogd via login. Here you will find the application form.
- Fill in the form and click on submit to send the application form to Voogd & Voogd.
- Sign the application form to mandate Voogd&Voogd to deduct the contribution monthly from your bank account.
Once you have registered, Voogd & Voogd will send you a proof of participation certificate.